Tonight I talk with Roseann Hanson, founder of the Overland Expo happening Mormon Lake, Arizona in May, where 4x4s, motorcycles, RVs, bikes, trailers, canoes, and other adventuring vehicles all get together to play, show off, learn, and be entertained. Catch this and other great motorcycle talk on SidestandUp.com motorcycle radio starting at 5pm PT, 8pm ET. Follow the link to catch it live on the internet. Here’s the full lineup:
- The BMW Riders Association International’s 2013 rally is back at the Builtmore. Located in Asheville North Carolina and in the middle of some of the world’s best riding. Rally Chair Debbie Harbour returns with more info and other RA news.
- From Vintage Motorcycles on Line John Cerilli and Nolan Woodbury are back. This Month John and Nolan will examine 4 vintage motorcycles from Ebay and Craig’s List that are can’t miss buys for $5000 and less to start or add to your collection.
- Miss Adventuring Carla King talks with Overland Expo founder Roseann Hanson about the event held near Flagstaff, Arizona May 17-19. There are classes for 4×4 overlanding and adventure motorcycling, inspirational talks and slideshows, book authors, the Adventure Travel Film Festival, roundtable discussions, demonstrations, food, music, camping, camaraderie, over 140 adventure equipment and services vendors, and more.
- The riding season and the Iron Butt Associations’ Pizza Party in Jacksonville FL is just around the corner for most. The IBA’s own Ira Agins will be bringing us to date on all the festivities there and other goings for the 2013 endurance riding events.
- The Director of Advertising for the BMW Motorcycle Owners of America Ted Moyer returns to the SSU Studios. Ted will be getting the SSU up to speed on the 2013 Rally in Salem Oregon and More.
- It has been almost 39 years since Evel Knievel ‘s attempted the infamous “Snake River Jump” it’s time for another try. Tom welcomes “The World’s Most Famous Limo Driver” Mad Mike Hughes talking about his attempt July 4th 2014 on the only flight rocket the FAA has signed off on.
- John and Charlene’s crew at the Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge in Stecoah North Carolina has the place dusted off from the winter and ready to go. John we be talking this season starting April 1st Lodge’s. How to make a reservation, what to expect, and what is going on in the area John will be letting us know.
- Lane splitting is an accepted form of motorcycle transport all over the world. In the U.S. the only state it is an accepted practice is in California. Recently the California Highway Patrol released information to other motorists about lane splitting. The CHP’s efforts remind the public that lane splitting is legal, and other motorists should not try to interfere with a motorcyclist who is lane splitting. We will discuss this CHP educational effort. Does it legitimize lane splitting? Will this help the practice to be accepted in other states? Tune in to find out!
- Have you ever wanted to know about the safety testing process and their results on motorcycle helmets? Grizz will talking with Hong Zhang, Director of Education for the Snell memorial Foundation. She develops educational materials and head injury prevention programs to increase public awareness of the risk of head injury and the effectiveness of helmets. Ms Zhang joined Snell in 1992 and has been the president of the Snell Safety Education Center since 1996.
For more information and valuable discounts from sponsors log onto www.SideStandUp.com